According to His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, the Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden is a fully enlightened Buddha who appears in the form of a worldly god so that beings in this era can access his blessings quicker and more powerfully.
Dorje Shugden is also known as the Protector of our time because, apart from guiding Buddhist practitioners on their path to Enlightenment, he also attends to our daily challenges and obstacles. Dorje Shugden does this not because he is a fulfiller of samsaric wishes but because in his omniscience, Dorje Shugden recognises that the human mind becomes distracted from Dharma practice by mundane problems. Hence alleviating our worries and fulfilling our wishes is just a means by which Dorje Shugden helps practitioners achieve the higher objective, i.e. a flourishing Dharma practice.
The problems that people of our time encounter are common everywhere we go and they include:
- Financial problems
- Illnesses and diseases
- Natural disasters and epidemics
- Stres and depression
- Violent crimes and wars
- Loss of purpose and direction
How Dorje Shugden Helps
In order to help us effectively, Dorje Shugden appears in five different forms. They are:
Duldzin Dorje Shugden, who steers practitioners on the path of wisdom at a time when ignorance and confusion rule. Propitiating Duldzin Dorje Shugden gives us clarity of mind and the acumen to see and do what is beneficial to us physically and spiritually;
Vairochana Shugden (Shize), who purifies negative karma that manifests as illness and pacifies dangerous diseases that are becoming more common as times progress. Shize’s power of pacification is effective when invoked against natural disasters as he also calms the environment;
Ratna Shugden (Gyenze), who provides means such as financial resources so that spiritual seekers may practise instead of worrying about paying the bills and making ends meet. Essentially Gyenze is entreated to increase the resources we need for our livelihood, our opportunities in the workplace, our longevity as well as our attainments and understanding of the Dharma.
Pema Shugden (Wangze), who provides a calm and controlled mind in an age where stress, anger and psychopathic diseases create very difficult minds including ours. He is also efficacious in bringing stability and the power of persuasion if invoked upon.
Karma Shugden (Trakze), who addresses the very heavy karma that characterises the kaliyuga age as well as overcomes very negative energies and chronic delusions. Trakze is called upon in extremely dangerous situations such as when we are faced with imminent and grave danger. In addition, Trakze is a powerful counter to voodoo, spells and black magic.
Additionally, Dorje Shugden’s entourage consisting of the Eight Guiding Monks, Nine Mothers and Ten Youthful and Wrathful Assistants, all worldly emanations of Dorje Shugden’s power and compassion, are always close by. The Protector’s entourage remains close to sincere practitioners to guide their spiritual path in both Sutric and Tantric training, to protect them from harm and also to provide suitable conditions for their earthly pursuits to be successful.
The idea of manifesting in different forms does not mean that one form cannot help and give assistance to a practitioner suffering an affliction outside its scope. For example, it does not mean that Shize can only help with pacifying diseases and not provide material resources. Buddhas are not limited in their capability.
However, the different forms mean that the blessings, protection and assistance administered by a particular form of Dorje Shugden for a particular affliction is much faster and effective. It is the same way we use the right tools for the job that needs to be done.
Looking at the problems and infirmities the modern practitioner encounters, it is clear that Dorje Shugden is a Dharma Protector who is a specialist at removing obstacles facing practitioners today.
Who Can Dorje Shugden Help?
Some of the types of people who would gain tremendous benefits from Dorje Shugden or one of his forms are:
Students and White Collar Professionals
- Duldzin Dorje Shugden’s practice, which is essentially wrathful Manjushri, will help in gaining comprehension, understanding, clarity and memory.
- Invoking Gyenze’s blessings will also assist in increasing intelligence and mental acuity.
Business People and Investors
- Gyenze’s practice helps draw in the energies and conditions that result in wealth and increase in business resources and profits.
- In the event the business/investment is in danger of collapsing, the wrathful and swift powers of Trakze may be invoked to remove the negative elements causing the danger.
Those Suffering from Physical and Psychopathic Conditions
- Shize’s calming powers are effective in subduing the negative energies that cause illness. At the same time, invoking Shize generates an abundance of healing energies around the practitioner.
- Wangze’s controlling and subjugating power may also be called upon to pacify and quell the negative karma that is creating disturbances in our minds.
People at Risk of Natural Disasters and Living in Dangerous Environments
- Again, Shize’s powers of pacification are effective to negate and calm the elements causing the natural disasters.
- Where the present danger is due to displeased land deities and nagas, Wangze’s control energy can appease the minds of these danger-causing beings. However, the practitioner must have the proper training and be in possession of the right skills and merits to do this.
People Facing Physical Danger Such as Soldiers and Those in Peacekeeping Forces
- Trakze possesses very swift, strong and urgent powers to protect and assist in such situations. Trakze has been invoked by very powerful high lamas such as His Holiness Kyabje Zong Rinpoche to protect the monasteries when they came under artillery fire.
- Duldzin Dorje Shugden not only assists Buddhists but all who seek the truth regardless of their path. He evokes the innate wisdom that is present in all beings and brings about clarity and correct understanding of all phenomena.
Please support us so that we can continue to bring you more Dharma: