Home Discussions Beginner’s Zone Kawang Prayer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Valentina Suhendra 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Valencia

Hi

I am interested in doing Kawang Prayer. What sort of mindset I have to have before proceeding? Afterall, I don’t know what I did wrong in the past lives. One more thing, I would like to dedicate this prayer somebody else, is it possible to do it?

Thanks

Valentina Suhendra

Dear Valencia

I am happy to hear that you are planning to engage in purification practice. For a purification practice to be effective, one must apply the four opponent powers as follows:

(Note: the following explanation about the four opponent powers is taken from http://resources.tsemtulku.com/prayers/deity-prayers/vajrasattvas-purification-practice.html. But I replaced the Vajrasattva mantra with Dorje Shugden Kawang mantra.

1. Power of Reliance: Taking Refuge and Generating Bodhicitta
    I take refuge until I am enlightened in the Buddhas, the Dharma, and the Sangha.  By the positive potential I create by practising generosity and the other far-reaching attitudes, may I attain Buddhahood to benefit all sentient beings.

2. Power of Regret
    The negative karma I have accumulated from beginningless time is as extensive as the ocean. Although I know that each negative action leads to countless eons of suffering, it seems that I am constantly striving to create nothing but negative actions.
    Even though I try to avoid non-virtue and practise positive acts, day and night without respite, negative and ethical downfalls come to me like rainfall. I lack the ability to purify these faults so that no trace of them remains.

With these negative imprints still in my mind, I could suddenly die and find myself falling to an unfortunate rebirth. What can I do?
    Please Vajrasattva, with your great compassion, guide me from such misery!

3. Power of Remedy: Mantra Recitation

Kawang practice.

4. Power of Restraint: Promise not to commit negativities again

Before Dorje Shugden, I vow never again to commit these negative actions at least for a day, an hour or a few seconds from which I find it difficult to abstain.

Kawang practice when being done with the correct visualisation can purify a tremendous amount of negative karma that will create the obstacles in our lives. Yes. We can recite kawang mantra on behalf of other people/ loved ones or even our pets).

Before you start doing the Kawang purification practice, do read about the following article (http://www.dorjeshugden.org/practice/kawang-confessional-prayers-to-dorje-shugden) and watch Pastor Khong Jean Ai’s explanation about the practice (http://www.dorjeshugden.org/media/kawang-prayers-to-dorje-shugden).

My best wishes in your practice

Valentina

Fong

It’s always been said that it is very good to do the visualizations. Is it alright to visualization on part for each recitation e.g. drawing of blood for 1 recitation , then wrathful flower for the second recitation and so on and so forth? Or, do we have to visualize all the 7 offerings for every recitation?

Most times, it is difficult to visualize all the offerings in 1 recitations.

Thank you.

Valentina Suhendra

Dear Fong

Thank you for your question. It is best to visualise the offerings as explained in the Kawang teaching videos:

Video: Kawang Prayers to Dorje Shugden

If you have difficulties in visualisation, maybe it will be helpful to set up the wrathful offering in front of you.

My best wishes for your practice

Valentina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.