Home Discussions Dorje Shugden in General Kache Marpo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sasha 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Sasha

Dear all,

I always wanted to know how is it possible for an older protector to be part of the entourage of another protector. Can someone please explain this to me?

At the same time, if the older protector like Kache Marpo be a part of the entourage of another protector, what will happen to his existing entourage that was assisting him? How is this all possible?

It would be great if someone can help me with this. Like how is it possible for an enlightened protector to be part of another enlightened protector’s entourage.

Thank you

sarah
    Participant

Dear Sasha,

Kache Marpo, being the emanation of Hayagriva (which is the wrathful form of Avalokiteshvara) is an enlightened Dharma Protector. Due to his enlightened nature, his works and reach are limitless. He is not bound to only his own original function but can emanate to have various functions according with time and need of sentient beings.

Although very often Kache Marpo is classified as the entourage of Dorje Shugden, but I think it is more accurate to call him the minister of Dorje Shugden. For example, the Prime Minister have his entourage, and ministers. As for the case of Dorje Shugden and Kache Marpo, we can look at it as if in a movie, where we have the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor. Skill wise, both are at par, but they play different roles. It is true for this case. On a more spiritual note, due to Dorje Shugden having stronger karmic affinity with us in this era, it would not be impossible that Kache Marpo take a supporting role to assist Dorje Shugden. After all, being enlightened they are free of ego, and it doesnt really matter who runs the show as long as sentient beings get the most benefit out of their works

As for Kache Marpo as a single protector, he is still practiced within the Nyingma tradition as Tsui Marpo, where he originally enthroned in Samye Monastery by Guru Rinpoche.

Vinnie Tan

Thank you Sasha for the question! I was wondering about that as well.

Sarah, what you said perfectly makes sense. We are limited by what we understand, yet we fail to remember that enlightened deities like Kache Marpo is able to emanate into many beings at the same time to help us and benefit us. They work in mysterious ways that we do not understand.

Thank you for sharing with us here that the practice of Kache Marpo is still being done so in the Nyingma tradition as Tsui Marpo.

Sasha

Thank you Sarah for sharing this with me. This had always been on my mind and I wanted to know this. However, through this it really reinforces the point that enlightened deities work in different miraculous ways.

Will I be correct to say that with Kache Marpo being the Minister of Dorje Shugden, it would mean that He is part of Dorje Shugden’s mandala. In that case, Kache Marpo’s entourage will be part of Dorje Shugden’s mandala?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.