Home Discussions Buddhas & Buddhism First step toward enlightenment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Valentina Suhendra 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Prashant

Hi all,

Until recently I was an atheist,but then a few days ago Lord Buddha appeared to me in my dream. I have been studying Buddhism and now feel a connection towards it, as it is also starting to makes sense to me. How do I put myself on the path to enlightenment? What are the things I should understand and do?

Thanks

Valentina Suhendra

Dear Prashant

Thank you for your question. Congratulation!!! I am happy that you plan to embark on the practice and study of Buddhism. First of all you can start reading books on Tibetan Buddhism. You can find a good recommendation on what books to read from this article:

Books That Are A Must-Read!

At the same time, you can start the practice of Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden.

Lama Tsongkhapa

Lama Tsongkhapa was the founder of Gelugpa (Yellow Hat) school of Buddhism. Our teacher, H.E., the 25th Tsem Rinpoche and Kechara belongs to this school. One of the great lineage teachers, H.H. Pabongka Rinpoche once said that:

“If one keeps even a drop of the nectar of the name of this holy being – Lama Tsongkhapa – in a devotional heart, it plants the seed of liberation and one receives the fortune to practice and enjoy happiness from this life up to enlightenment.”

Do read more about Lama Tsongkhapa in this article: http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/lord-tsongkapa-king-of-the-dharma.html

You can start Lama Tsongkhapa practice by reciting Gaden Lhagyama and Migtsema.

Tsongkhapa Prayers

Dorje Shugden

In addition to learning Buddhism and starting the practice of Lama Tsongkhapa, it is important to do Dorje Shugden practice and request his help to create a conducive condition for your Dharma practice. Do read the following article on how to start on Dorje Shugden practice.

Starting on Dorje Shugden’s Practice

My best wishes for your Dharma practice,

Valentina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.